Build Own Dictionary
Using this app you can create your own dictionaries during learning a foreign language. The key features are:
- Create a dictionary or import it from your device into the app. In order to import a dictionary into the app, tap and hold the dictionary file, then tap Share or Open, and then select the "Build Own Dictionary" app from the list of all the apps that can open the file (It can be in More...). The app will launch and import the file.
- Delete or rename the dictionary. (Swipe the dictionary row and select the appropriate action.)
- Export the dictionary from the app to your device. (Swipe the dictionary row and select Export.) The exported file has a CSV format. The export/import feature can be used to transfer your dictionaries between your devices or back up your dictionaries. For example, you can edit the dictionary file on your PC and then import it again to the app.
- Add quickly a word with its translation to the dictionary. (Tap the + button.) A word or translation must not contain any double quotation mark (") or any new line for a proper import.
- Delete or edit words in the dictionary. (Swipe the word row and select the appropriate action.)
- Sort the words alphabetically or by time added.
- Mark some words (as learned for example) and hide them in the dictionary. (Swipe the word row and select Mark or Unmark.)
- Search a word or translation in the dictionary.
Note that your dictionaries remain saved as long as the app is installed on your device. To prevent losing data, you need to export each dictionary before you delete the app. The premium version enables the export/import and mark/unmark features. It also removes all ads from the app.